Saturday 3 April 2010

WLTM - Russell Tovey

I've written before about Russell Tovey and my wish to speak to him just the once to confirm a theory I have. I wanted to expand on this, to explain it a bit more.
I can't actually remember when I first heard of Russell, but it was a few years back. By the time he appeared in the Christmas special of Doctor Who, "Voyage of the Damned," he was already known to me. This was 2007 and the very next year he was one of the stars of the brilliant Being Human. It felt like he was already an established star, and his talent was undoubtable.
My interest in Russell initially came when I first heard that he originated in Essex, not from the fact that he is gay. I was intrigued because I am from Essex too and I used to work with a woman whose married surname was the same as his. Tovey is not a common name and I was further intrigued when I learned that he was from the same general area that this woman lived at the time I knew her.
I have seen him drinking in Soho, usually at Rupert Street bar, several times and have been tempted to go and speak to him and ask him the simple question:
"Are you, in any way, related to Denise Tovey?"

No comments:

Post a Comment